Video Lesson: Updating Smartsheet Rows Directly from Outlook
In this video watch how you can add information to Smartsheet from your email without ever leaving your inbox. This integration with Outlook lets you create, edit and collaborate on tasks in real time. In this example, the sheet owner received an update on the budget for an event. He add a row with the estimated and actual amounts to one sheet, and edited information for an existing row on a related sheet--all from within Outlook.
Do you like what you see? To install the Outlook Add-In needed for this integration to work:
- Log in to Outlook 365 on the web.
- Click the settings cog under your profile picture.
- Click the Manae Add-Ins option.
- Type Smartsheet in the search box provided.
- Follow the instructions in the Smartsheet for Outlook page.
For this integration to work, you must:
- Be the owner of the Smartsheet you want to update.
- Install the Smartsheet for Outlook Add-In in Outlook365.
- It will only work for emails in your own inbox (not shared inboxes or sub-folders in your inbox.