Tip Sheet: Surviving the Data Portal 2018
Use Chrome to Connect to Cloud Services Associated with the Portal
#1 Create and use your Chrome profile
- If you do not use your own, LSC can provide you a Google Account to create one
#2 Create bookmarks for Salesforce, Box, and Tableau
- Tableau is a public site and does not require a login
- Salesforce and Box may require double-authentication
Navigate Chrome, Salesforce, Box, and Tableau to Sequentially Lookup Grantee Information
#1 Duplicate a tab in Chrome. Pin it to that position.
#2 Close several tabs at one time to make room for more.
#3 Move tabs to change the order for convenience.
Use Search Functionality in Chrome, Salesforce, Box, and Tableau to Quickly Locate Information
#1 Use the search bar in Salesforce
- There are different types of records in SF. Choose the correct one.
- Information is organized into Objects. Know the ones you use most.
- Salesforce Lightning makes this clearer in the future.
#2, #3 Searching for Box files in Salesforce
- Use the widget in the organization record
- Use the Box tab on the menu bar
#4 Searching Legal Services Corporation Profile in Tableau Public
- There are also other profiles you could search for reference
- You can create your own free profile if you would like to save favorites
Use Functionality in Chrome, Salesforce, Box, and Tableau to Optimize Recurring Use of Information Once Found
#1 Set Salesforce, Box, and Tableau to appear when Chrome opens
- This is only work if you are logged in to your profile in Chrome
#2 Use the recents rail in Salesforce
- This rail is not persistent and may be hard to locate
#3 Add document Bookmarks to the Box Widget
- The permissions at the bookmark’s destination will prevail
Create Personalized Access to Information with Views and Tabs in Salesforce and Your Own HTML Page in Chrome
#1 Edit and Create Views in Salesforce
#2 Create customize tabs using My Settings in Salesforce
- You must be a licensed LSC Platform User
#3 Create Word document that can become your own Chrome default page
- Most links, but not all, will work from here
- You will still be required to login in
What's New in the Data Portal 2018
In the Organization Record
- Activity History
- Board Members (Collected via GAR)
- Fiscal App Scores (Established at Competition)
- 2017 PDFs for Offices and Staffing (Persistent/Current Data)
In the GAR Record Detail
- 2016 and 2017 PDFs (Submission Snapshot)