2019 Data Portal Redesign
Why Are We Doing This?
If you are not new to the Data Portal, then this redesign will be a change for you. You may be wondering, why are we doing this? We have several good reasons:
- Save you time. You should be able to find what you are looking for faster.
- End click-n-scroll fatigue. No more never-ending long pages and endless links to click.
- Set the stage for continued improvements. OIT will be able to tweak pages easily.
- Personalize access. For the first time each of you will have a profile of your own:
- OCE Program Counsel
- OPP Program Counsel
- OCE Fiscal Analyst
- Salesforce Classic will be retired October 2019. Only Lightning will be available.
When Will It Be Available?
The new Lightning version of the Data Portal is available now. We are rolling it out to all staff in the profiles listed above in time for the competition cycle.
What's New and What's Not
What's New in This Redesign
- Salesforce Classic is out. Salesforce Lightning is in.
- This Data Portal organizes sections of data in tabs.
What's Not Changed
- The data displayed in the Data Portal is the same.
- Tableau reports are organized in the same outline order.
Data Portal Before and After
Data Portal Landing Page in Classic (Before)
Data Portal Landing Page in Lightning (After)