Single Sign On - Working from the Office
This guide applies to users located at the office or using Forti to VPN to their desktop remotely.
The beauty of single sign on technology is that when you log into your computer in the morning:
- You will auto-MAGICALLY have access to Office 365, Box, and Salesforce. No need to enter your user name and password to "log onto" these applications separately.
- You can use it to log into other applications such as Smartsheet, Paycom, LSCeWeb, and Concur.
- You can add your own frequently-used applications as well.
As a result, you have a great deal of control over your login experience and can us it as much or as little as you want.
Day One: Getting Started in 5 Steps
- If you have not already logged into your computer, please do so now using your LSC username and password.
- When you log onto your computer, you may be prompted to reset your password. If prompted to create a new password, please create your password using the strength requirements listed in the insert below.
Your LSC password must contain:
- At least 8 characters, and
Three out of the following four options below:
- At least 1 upper case letter
- At least 1 lower case letter
- At least 1 number
- At least 1 special character
We encourage you to create a difficult-to-guess password, avoiding words like “password” or your daughter/son’s name (for example). Good Password Example = F@3tT1mes (notice the mix of upper case, special characters and numbers and lower case) Bad Password Example = Password1 (don't laugh, it happens!)
Don’t copy your password and place it somewhere that can be found by others.
- Navigate to your computer desktop. Click on the Okta shortcut to open your portal. (#1 pictured above.)
- Okta will prompt you to Pick a picture icon and click the "create account" button. (#2 pictured above.)
- Click on the Icon labled Okta User Training. (#3 pictured below.) This will take you to a 10-minute training video about your new SSO portal.