Downloading the Okta Plugin
Single Sign On (SSO) technology is a service that permits users to use One Logon to access multiple systems. On 1/25/2019 LSC implemented SSO using a software called Okta. Using Okta, we have a single, integrated platform that offers you secure access to enterprise applications and information and allows users to customize their SSO dashboard by adding additional work and personal applications. In order to use SSO, you will need a browser plugin. Networked computers have the plugin preloaded for Chrome and Edge browsers. But remote staff may need to load the plugin manually.
This guide walks users through the process of downloading their Okta Plugin.
Okta is a browser-based application (it works with Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari), and it requires a plugin for use. The plugin looks like a blue "O" ring and will be located in the upper right corner of your browser (as shown above.) If you don't have the plug in, follow these steps to download and install the plugin:
- Open your browser
- Type "Okta Plugin" into your browser search window
- Follow the prompts to install the plugin to your computer
- After the installation, you may receive a prompt asking you if you would like to Turn it On or Keep it Off ... select Turn it on
- You may need to restart your browser for the change to take effect
- Check to see that your plugin is now available for use (upper right corner of your browser - blue "O" ring)
- Now you are ready to use your Okta Single Sign On