Changing your SSO Password Challenge Question
When you first logged into Single Sign On (SSO), the system asked you to select a Password Challenge Question and provide an answer. This Challenge Question ensures that, should you forget your Okta password you can utilize the Challenge Question to gain access to your account.
Use this guide if you would like to change your Password Challenge Question and response.
- Click on the desktop Okta link (image 1 below) to open the SSO dashboard (image 2 below)
NOTE: You can also open your dashboard by typing the SSO URL LSC.OKTA.COM into the browser of your choice
- Click on the down arrow to the right of your user name in the top of the dashboard and select the "Settings" option (image 1 below)
- Okta will open the Account Management Dialog Box
- Select the "Edit" button in the top right corner of the Forgotten Password Question section (image 2 below)
- Okta will open the Forgotten Password Question Dialog Box which has a dropdown Question menu (image 3 below)
- Select the question you would like the system to save
- Under the Question dropdown menu is an Answer text field
- Enter the answer to your selected question (image 4 below)
- Click on the "Save" button on the bottom right of the dialog box
- Okta will update your Forgotten Password Question.
- and you're done!